UPDATE August 4, 2021:
Because of last week’s technical issues with the Online form, we are resending links via SUN to new online application forms. The links already went to Elders. The new ones will go to several different identical DocuSign forms.
You also have the option of filling in hard copy forms at the Tribal Administration Building, or downloading the form linked to below and returning it via email or mail (see #2 and #3 below).
Payments will be deposited and mailed beginning on August 13, and will roll out from there.
Deadline for applications is October 31, 2021.
The current COVID-19 pandemic continues to place unprecedented hardships on tribal families. The Suquamish Tribe believes that providing tribal households with COVID-19 hardship assistance will help alleviate some of the hardships families are currently facing in these challenging times and will assist in improving individual welfare and the welfare of his or her family. The COVID-19 hardship assistance is to assist Suquamish Tribal Members for uses, including, but not limited to the following:
- Covering housing or living expenses (ex. groceries, utilities, internet, etc.).
- Paying rent or mortgage.
- Covering unforeseen costs for emergency individual/family needs.
- Covering unforeseen expenses in obtaining hygiene/PPE (ex. Masks, disinfectants, clean water, toilet paper, etc.)
- Covering costs related to remote work/student remote learning.
- Covering unforeseen costs for medical expenses, including mental health counseling, due to COVID-19.
- Covering unforeseen childcare expenses, including loss of childcare.
- Other COVID-related economic hardships.
- Applicants must be enrolled Suquamish Tribal Members at least 18 years of age.
- The amount of COVID-19 hardship assistance will be determined by the Suquamish Tribal Council on an as-needed basis and will be distributed to each eligible individual Tribal Member.
Enrolled Suquamish Tribal Members at least 18 years of age are required to complete, sign and submit the COVID-19 Hardship Assistance Application under this policy to receive the one-time COVID-19 Hardship Assistance Distribution.
How to Apply
There are three ways to apply:
- Online Form: SPECIAL NOTICE(7/29/21): We are experiencing technical difficulties with the online form. We’re working hard to fix the problem. We will have a new link posted as soon as possible. In the meantime, please do NOT use the link that was previously provided. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
- Via email:
Download and fill out this form and send via email to: email@example.com
- Via regular mail:
Print this form, or pick up a hard copy at Tribal Government front lobby, and mail to:
(Attn: Shenowah Purser)
P.O. Box 498
Suquamish, WA 98392
Note on Direct Deposit
Direct Deposit is not required to receive payment, but it is the fastest and safest way to receive relief funds.
If you have not already signed up for Direct Deposit and would like to, you can now sign-up for Suquamish Tribe Direct Deposit completely online with this easy DocuSign form.
You can also download Suquamish Tribe’s Direct Deposit form here. Just return the filled-out form to the Finance Department.